Council response measures to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council continues to monitor the situation closely and enact measures to protect the health of our community, visitors and staff, and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Actions being taken by Council are in line with advice and direction from State and Federal Governments, and relevant Government Health Authorities.
During this time, Council encourages our residents to play their part – observe stricter personal hygiene and social distancing, stay away from public places if you’re unwell, be respectful to our staff and look out for the vulnerable members of your community.
Council is continually putting updates via its various social media and other media channels regarding any changes to services.
Council Services and Closures
As of today, Monday 30 March 2020, all Public Playgrounds, Skate Parks and outside gym equipment are not available for use. For your own safety, please ensure that you do not access these spaces or use any of the equipment until the restrictions are lifted. Council will be placing signage and preventing access where possible.
Under the Emergency Management Act 2004, Police are now able to issue on-the-spot expiation notices to persons who contravene directives made by the Commissioner of Police, including this expected directive related to playgrounds, once it takes effect.
Changes to Council Services: Libraries, Halls, Valleys and swimming pools are closed as per the directive of the Prime Minister.
The Riverton Office is closed due to staffing issues.
Council services are deemed essential and will continue to be provided unless directed otherwise by the Premier or Prime Minister.
Please continue to check Council’s Facebook page for updates and other information:
COVID-19 Community Awareness
Social distancing – stay at least 1.5m (two arms lengths) apart from others.
SERVICES/BUSINESS/ACTIVITIES - CLOSED
- Licensed clubs
- Gyms & Indoor sporting venues
- Entertainment venues, including cinemas
- Religious gatheringss, places of worship
- Beauty & Nail salons, & tattoo shops, massage (unless health related)
- Real Estate auctions and inspections
- Amusement parks, arcades & play centres, indoor and outdoor
- Yoga, pilates and wellness centres
- Pools, sporting activities
- Galleries, libraries, community and recreation centres
- Skate parks
- Outside gym equipment
ALLOWED – WITH RESTRICTIONS
- Bottle shops.
- Funerals – limited attendance to no more than 10 people.
- Weddings – limited attendance. Couple, celebrant and witnesses.
- Food courts in shopping centres – takeaway only.
- All restaurants are closed – takeaway or home delivery only.
- All hotels/pubs are closed – takeaway or home delivery only.
- Hairdressers/barbers with strict social distancing.
- Boot camps/PT limited to 2 people with social distancing.
- Stay at home unless for groceries, exercise, medical needs, care/support, work (where it cannot be from home).
- Visits to homes should have very small numbers.
- Do not congregate outside in groups
- Schools remain open.
- Overseas travel ban.
National Coronavirus Information Helpline – 1800 020 080
Call this line if you are seeking information and advice on COVID-19. The line is operated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
SA COVID-19 Information Line – 1800 253 787
This line is available to South Australians and provides local information on COVID-19 to the general public from 8:00am to 8:00pm, seven days a week.