Prepare Your Property for the Danger Season
Council emphasise the importance of undertaking necessary fire prevention measures for the safety of your family, pets and property.
Due to high amounts of rainfall this year, fuel loads will be at extreme levels and taking action now will assist in making your home safer in the event of a fire.
Mowing or slashing vacant land (to approx 10cm/4 inches)
- Cut grass (to approx 10cm/4 inches) within 20 metres of all buildings
- Cut grass (to approx 10cm/4 inches) within 5 metres of all structures
- Remove dead branches, leaves and undergrowth from around your home
- Prune tree limbs less than two metres above ground
- Prune branches overhanging your home
- Remove bark, heavy mulch, wood piles and any other flammable materials close to your home and sheds
- Clean out your gutters
- Spark proofing your home
New Native Vegetation rules are now in place to better manage native vegetation, please refer to the Native Vegetation section for further information.
For further information on preparing your home click on the link below.