The Library Service seeks to provide a quality service which meets the community's current and ongoing information, education, recreation and cultural needs, thereby assisting in the democratic process, through the free communication of ideas to develop and enhance members of the community.
The Library Service is a free community service which is jointly funded by the Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council and the State Government of South Australia.
The Library Service seeks to enhance the quality of life in the community and to promote the cultural, social and economic wellbeing of the community.
Services vary from branch to branch but in all branches the loan of fiction, nonfiction, adult and children's resources is available. Membership of the library is free. Identification will be required when joining.
- Recreational, information and educational material for all ages
- 24/7 Library catalogue
- Reference service and material
- DVD Collection
- Large print books
- Free internet and PC access
- Wireless Internet access
- Audio books for the visually impaired
- Home library service
- Photocopying and printing
- Access to books and journal articles from other South Australian libraries through the One Card Network
- Local and family history resources
- Material in languages other than English
- Online databases and references resources
- Language learning resources
- Community information
- Volunteer information
- School Holiday program and preschool storytelling
- Displays, exhibitions and cultural events
- Friends of the Library group